Date(s) - 12/06/2020
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
An Open Virtual Event Organized by
(This event already took place. You can watch the Zoom recording HERE.)
The management of Sonoma County’s system of care is changing with the establishment of a rather rickety Continuum of Care group and its board. This new board will control what has historically been a large chunk of tax dollars — the money Federal and State governments send to Sonoma County earmarked for the aid of homeless people. The new board will decide how to spend that money and set policy about what it can be spent for.
- Who are the best people to sit on this board?
- What policies should they pursue?
Homeless Action! set up this event to give all of us as much information as possible before we cast ballots on Monday afternoon.
The topics we hope candidates will address are:
- If you are elected, what is your primary goal for the first 6 months of 2021?
- How important is homeless people’s input to the decisions of this board?
- Do you favor a charter revision of the Continuum of Care within the first quarter of 2021 If so, what is one important change you want to see?
- Comment on the staff’s role. Should there be a different staffing group? If so, how should this decision be made?
What is Continuum of Care Board
Refer to details listed on the Event Page for December 7th – https://homelessaction.net/events/sonoma-county-continuum-of-care-quarterly-membership-meeting/
How to Join this Meeting?
Join Zoom Meeting – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81437312402
Meeting ID: 814 3731 2402
One tap mobile +16699006833,,81437312402# US (San Jose)