Nothing About Us
What’s Going on Right Now
What the Pandemic Taught Us About the Homeless - and What We Shouldn't Forget
- To date, California has procured more than 15,000 rooms and housed over 14,000 people — faster progress than we have ever seen in such a short time span. All it took was a public health emergency. As scholars of social work and real estate, we have opined for years that homelessness is a public health emergency and deserves to be treated as such.
Sonoma County Secures New Coronavirus Quarantine Site At Best Western In Healdsburg
- Sonoma County next week will open a new quarantine site for those in need of coronavirus isolation and lower-level care at the Best Western Dry Creek Inn in Healdsburg, where 60 rooms will be used to bolster the county’s fight to curb the pandemic’s spread.
Santa Rosa Police Clear Half of Homeless Encampment at Fremont Park
- Going tent to tent on Wednesday morning, Santa Rosa police cleared homeless residents from the western half of Fremont Park in downtown, where their presence near a grove of redwood trees constituted a fire hazard, according to city authorities.
- Homeless Action! is a fully volunteer-run organization to improve the lives of homeless residents of Sonoma County.
- Homeless Action! always needs volunteers to be involved in a variety of tasks from office work to community involvement.
- Our activities and programs are entirely funded by individual donations. Please consider supporting us with a donation.