Nothing About Us
What’s Going on Right Now
Webinar Recording – A Deep Dive: Homeless Services and Housing
- Informed by extensive careers in homelessness research, Marybeth Shinn and Jill Khadduri recently published In the Midst of Plenty: Homelessness and What to Do About It. The book represents an exhaustive review of existing research on homelessness—why it exists and what practices have been shown to help reduce it. During this webinar, the authors will provided an overview of their findings and conclusions for policymakers.
The St. Vincent de Paul Free Dining Room will close on November 1st, an announcement was just posted on their Facebook page on October 20, 2020.
- The Board of Directors has been weighing this question for years, but finally decided to close the facility during their July Board meeting. The decision was based on declining volunteer and donor interest. For over 10 years, the Dining Room has run a loss of varying amounts between $100,000 and $200,000 per year.
SOLD OUT: Rethinking Housing in America
- Tents, evictions and gentrification. Beginning from Sept 15, weekly podcast "SOLD OUT" envisions what home should be by examining California, the epicenter of the nation’s housing affordability crisis. Meet the dreamers and doers who are finding solutions to high housing costs because none of us can afford to wait.
- Homeless Action! is a fully volunteer-run organization to improve the lives of homeless residents of Sonoma County.
- Homeless Action! always needs volunteers to be involved in a variety of tasks from office work to community involvement.
- Our activities and programs are entirely funded by individual donations. Please consider supporting us with a donation.